Source: Elijah Interfaith Institute
“Return to Jerusalem”
24 - 29th July; 31st July - 4 August
After two years of only being on Zoom, we are able to offer the experience of community-building and encounter with the holy city of Jerusalem that characterises an Elijah summer school, while continuing to offer the opportunity to participate to those who cannot join us in person.
- 9:00 am -1:00 pm, exploring and understanding Jerusalem through the eyes of different religious traditions, imbibing the sanctity of the holy city; afternoon sessions (live-streamed):
- 4:00 – 7:00 pm, the concept of “return”.
- “The need for ‘return’ – loss and restoration – grief and consolation,”
- “The concept of ‘return’ as repentance, purification or reunification,”
- “Returning to sacred places – pilgrimage. What makes a site holy and a magnet for pilgrimage?”, “Return to self and processes of return as part of interior psychological map, activated in prayer. “
- The seminar will include a 3-day workshop devoted to the power of prayer and making prayer meaningful.